- Peasants have never been beneficiaries of welfare or any other assistance program
- Agriculture is the mainstay to provide basic needs and is unfortunately primitive
- Indigent farmers still dig holes with a hoe, manually plant seeds, and pray for rain
- Haitians need upgraded equipment and appropriate training to increase production
- Increasing effective farming will increase family income, provide employment, improve nutrition, and grant better health and hope for a future.
MIA respects human capacity and seeks to empower the people. Abraham Lincoln said, “You never help a man when you do for him, what he can do for himself.”