During the mid-1980s and 1990s, MIA ran a full service clinic in Haut St. Marc serving
over 600 patients twice a week with a team of two physicians, nurses, and a pharmacist.
- 20,000 people are without a physician
- Haut Saint Marc needs a permanent medical facility
- People die from diarrhea and malnutrition daily
- Preventive medicine, health literacy, and consultations for chronic illnesses are essential
- MIA is working diligently to meet this need
- MIA would like to partner with medical personnel